SCARY BREAKING NEWS!
FINALLY, CORONA VIRUS IS IN NIGERIA.
An Italian citizen tested positive to the virus yesterday but thats not the problem.
For me the problem is that the man has been in Nigeria since February 25th, and was tested 2 days later, only God knows how many people he has made contact with and those that made contact with those that made contact with him.
Think about the airport staff and immigration that welcomed him into Nigeria, what about the airline passengers and crew, what about the taxi that took him to the hotel, then the hotel receptionists? All the eateries he visited, what if he has been knacking oloshos since he arrived Nigeria?
The list would be endless with our overpopulated environment like the markets, churches, mosques, buses etc.
In my post last time I asked why are they still allowing flights from China and other Corona Virus infested countries?
Common sense should have told our government and health ministry that citizens from China, Japan, Iran, italy, south korea etc should be quarantine for sometime before releasing them to the public.
God help us, the best for now is to wear mask or better still stay indoors if you don’t have any serious thing to do outside.
And the MOST SCARY PART is that Corona Virus spreads via air, even without physical contact. Can Nigeria handle this shit?
Coronavirus that China can’t battle, Nigeria can’t battle it either. Coronavirus shouldn’t have business in Africa otherwise millions might die. Maybe God wants to end the world sooner and faster than we all ever imagined.
EVERYONE should take care of their health and maintain hand and respiratory hygiene to protect themselves and others, including their own families, following the precautions below:
1. Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water, and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
2. Maintain at least 1 & half metres (5 feet) distance between you and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
3. People coughing persistently or sneezing should stay indoors or keep a social distance, but not mix with a crowd.
4. Ensure that you and people around you follow good respiratory hygiene by covering mouths and noses with a handkerchief or tissue while sneezing or coughing. You can also sneeze or cough into your sleeve at the bent elbow. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
5. Stay indoors if you feel unwell with symptoms, such as fever, cough and difficulty in breathing.
6. Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19 through official channels on TV and Radio and the Social Media.